Rumblings in the Star Chamber — UPDATED

I haven’t slept well lately. I’ve got the nagging feeling that something truly great and terrible is about to come upon us.

Anyone else have the same feeling?

In other news, I guess having Doubleday print a version of the Book of Mormon doesn’t sound so prestigious anymore.  Something about the company you keep, I guess.

UPDATE:  looks like my feelings weren’t entirely unfounded.  Behold!

Comments

1. At times I’ve had those feelings, but I’m without a good grip on what to do about them. Other than hold family home evenings, have a garden, save and pay attention.

2. Alas, Ethisteve, food storage is powerless against these premonitions. I’m afraid we shall all soon see the darkness rise in the land.

3. David King Landrith says:

I just got back from the inauguration, and I feel great about the future.

4. Perhaps it’s something you ate? A glass of warm milk before bed should help.

5. Bryce,

I fear that lactose will only worsen this hole in my stomach.

6. I haven’t been around long enough to discern the idiosyncrasies of Steve’s machinations (though for some weird reason a lot of people come to Splendid Sun from Google searches for “Steve Evans Mormon”). However, it seems to me that Steve is privy to something that has yet to hit the fan.

7. I believe you may be sensing “a great disturbance in the force”, my young Padawan.

8. Senor Stapley,

As Jeremiah of old, I can only say to you all, repent lest you be destroyed. Something wicked this way comes.

9. No, Bryce, I get the distinct feeling that this fresh horror will be of a different kind than the Evil Blog. Something… elusive…

And yet, my ulcer grows.

10. OKAY, OKAY, I’ll bite. What are you talking about? What maketh thine ulcer growth?

11. I don’t know yet. But something just feels…wrong.

12. D. Fletcher says:

Well, welcome to the club. I’ve felt dread for an entire year.

13. Nexium

14. David King Landrith says:

Sorry, everybody. I didn’t mean to cause so much consternation.

15. Eek!

OK, it’s not THAT bad.

16. Yesterday was the most depressing day of the year. So things will be better today.

17. Justin, you’re right — I feel better already!

18. john fowles says:

Read the first ten pages of Atlas Shrugged again.

19. Davis Bell says:

I wish I could say you were wrong. But that would be a lie.

20. Davis, ouch! My ulcer!

21. Alas, Ethisteve, food storage is powerless against these premonitions. I’m afraid we shall all soon see the darkness rise in the land.

Posted by: Steve Evans | January 24, 2005 09:22 PM

I know, it bothers me, but I think about it.

BTW, tomorrow is one of the worst days of the year.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6847012 doesn’t compare with Jan 26 ( http://adrr.com/living/ ).

The level of dread isn’t as bad as I felt all of 1993, but I feel something. Nothing I did then helped either, but one goes on.

22. Susan Malmrose says:

Lighten up. The sun is shining, and I’m going to the beach!

I love California.

23. In case you haven’t figured it out, here’s the cause of Steve’s dread:

(although thinking about spending a week in Provo may have had something to do with it).

(also that baloney sandwich from last week that he ate).

24. Is this a merger, a consolidation or a spin-off?

25. D. Fletcher says:

The Millenial Star was the big horror? IT’s all pretty amusing.