Boston Bloggersnacker, 6/30

Our Wandering Graduate Student in Non-Permanent Residence, Ronan, is gracing the Boston area with his presence next weekend, necessitating celebration and feasting.  The party’s at Kristine’s house, Friday 6/30, from 6:30 till whenever.  This time Ronan’s bringing the whole gang, so Rebecca and the three small talking Heads will be here, as will my kids (the screaming heads)–feel free to bring yours (and come earlier in the day if you want to take them to the beach before dinner).

I’ll make dessert–y’all are in charge, potluck-style, of actual nutrition!  RSVP, get directions by e-mailing me:  kristineharris at post dot harvard dot edu

Comments

1. Thanks Kris.

My kids sing Sumerian love songs as part of a performance that is earning me big bucks across the US. I will take requests. “Inana’s lament for Dumuzi” is particularly good.

2. Kristine says:

Woohoo! And Amri’s coming, thus increasing the coolness quotient of the party by at least 1000%.

3. Kristine says:

My kids, by the way, do a mean rendition of “Three Little Chickadees.” Also lots of made-up songs about poop. Sigh.

4. thanks from me too Kris! We can’t wait! It’ll be a great way to finish off our time in the U.S.

Aw, man! NOW Rebecca decides to go to one of these, and the Evanses are unavailable. Coincidence?

6. Make sure you get your measles shot, it’s going around there. ;)

7. D. Fletcher says:

Oh! Maybe I could come. Would anybody want me there, I wonder…?

8. Elisabeth says:

Well, since my humdrum presence will balance out Amri’s (and everyone else’s) coolness, the coolness quotient will probably hover around zero :)

Thanks, Kris!

9. Um, I’m bringing dance music (of the hip-hop variety) and there’s nothing hum-drum about your dancing Elisabeth!

I’m also bringing this scientist whom I have a major crush on. But don’t tell him, we’ll all be very casual.

10. D,
    Of course, Mr.fishing-for-love-man! Of course!!

11. D. Fletcher says:

Amri, maybe your scientist could bring a friend?

(for me)

;)

12. D. Fletcher says:

“Of course, Mr.fishing-for-love-man! Of course!!”

You know a better way?

;)

13. Kristine says:

D., if you come, I’ll get my piano tuned! And not stop smiling for 2 weeks. Please, please!!

14. D. I’ll see what I can do.

Elisabeth privately told me that Mormon bloggers dancing to hip-hop is a bad idea. While I’ll disagree, maybe we just lay down a sumerian dance track to your singing kids Ronan?

15. D. Fletcher says:

We can’t do a sumerian dance because Sumer Evans is unavailable.

16. Woohoo!

I’ll make an appearance, but it’ll be short, because I work at 11.

That might bring the coolness factor even lower.

17. ah i miss Boston.

18. Amri – yay! D. Fletcher – yay! Crystal – yay! Elisabeth – yay!! Steve – never mind – We’ll be seeing your wife in NY the next day!

19. D. Fletcher says:

Oh, you’re coming to New York?

20. D – yes – we’ll be there on Saturday before we then fly out of JFK on Sunday. Email me at britishbecky at gmail dot com and I can fill you in on details if you want to join us.

21. D. Fletcher says:

I have to be back in New York on Sunday — playing organ in 3 wards.

22. D – email me. We’ll be meeting Mrs Evans and Emily S from FMH on Sat afternoon in NY

23. Kristine says:

Stop it, Rebecca–I want D. to come to my house!! D., I guess it wouldn’t do anything for you to see two girls get into a fistfight over you…too bad!

24. Kristine – I’d love D to come to Boston too! It’s a friday night, so he can be back for sure to play the organ on Sunday!

25. Elisabeth says:

Do come to Boston, D! I’d love to meet you, too.

26. D. Fletcher says:

I’m going to come! But R&R could come over to my house on Saturday, too — see my setup.

P.S. I’m posting from the Apple store at 59th and 5th.

Ah, D. I was hoping to see Rebecca and Kristine fight it out over you. It might not have done anything for you, but as for the rest of us….

Wow, we’ve got dueling bicoastal bloggersnackers. Can we assume that there will be reports of both posted–with pictures–for those of us who live in the middle of the country?

28. Kimball L. Hunt says:

(Mulls): “Hmm, Boston — “

29. Yes, I have it on good authority that both Elisabeth AND Kristine are excellent dancers AND singers… just turn on a little Roxette and you have a night’s worth of entertainment :)

30. Kristine says:

Actually, Kevin, with Elisabeth, Amri, Rebecca, Crystal, and a beach nearby, I’m thinking we should just do a photo shoot for the first Bloggernacle Beach Babes calendar–maybe July can be Rebecca and me mudwrestling over D.
    ;)

31. You guys are in luck. I’ll be out of town on the weekend of the 30th. Gloat while you can: My loss is your gain.

32. Awesome! Are lurkers invited too?

33. Lurkers are always invited as long as you bring goodies!

34. Kristine says:

Awwww, DKL, I don’t care if you’re not there, but we’ll really miss Shannon!

35. Crystal doesn’t do bathing suits.

36. Kimball L. Hunt says:

(Gosh: I’ve been freekin “spam-binned” all ovah teh blogonacle all night — !)

37. Kiskilili says:

“My kids sing Sumerian love songs as part of a performance that is earning me big bucks across the US.”

Just don’t tell me this involves cross-dressing and singing in Emesal . . .

38. D. Fletcher says:

Sad news — I’ve caught a nasty summer cold, and I won’t be able to come to Boston this weekend after all.

I hope Ronan and Rebecca, et al., will contact me in New York on Saturday.

Have a great time, everybody!

39. D.!
    I was going to bring someone for “to meet”!!

I’m very disappointed.

40. D. Fletcher says:

Really? Oh, now I feel bad… hm, should I change my mind? I really am sick…

41. No, you take care of yourself. NYC is not so far away. You can meet my friend some other day.

I hope you feel well soon.

So, anyone care to report on the Bloggersnacker? “Dance Dance Revolution was played, funeral potatoes were consumed, fun was had by all?” Who came, and what did y’all do?

Yes, photos must be divulged.

44. Mark B. says:

Even of Crystal without her bathing suit? Oh, the scandal!

45. Maybe if you win the t-shirt, you win a phot of me not in it.

But nobody has entered the contest yet! I guess no one wants to enter into Bloggernacle lore.

46. Kristine says:

The best part was the story of the boy who was grounded from his mission–anyone want to guess his identity?

47. I missed the best part!

48. Mark IV says:

No, the best part was when Kristine disclosed how, at an early age, her feminist views began to take shape. The story involves a home teacher and a key ring. Be sure to ask her about it sometime!