Become a Simpson

So I get home last night, and my wife shows me an image of herself as a Simpson. It was really cool! She monitors the Wilco message board, and someone there turned her on to the Simpson Avatar generator at the Simpsons Movie Website. Just follow the instructions and you can turn yourself into a Simpson. So I tried it for myself; this is what I would like like if I lived in Springfield. Try it for yourself!

Kevin Barney as a Simpson

(This post in honor of the lolnacle thread.)

Comments

1. Dude, that is awesome.

Not that far off, Kevin!

3. Very cool.

I remember once someone in our family had a tshirt of a band where the band members were drawn as South Park characters (I can’t remember which band it was). So that year I had my daughter draw us all as South Park characters for our Xmas card. It was awesome.

I love this kind of stuff.

5. Thanks! I was trying to figure out how to entertain my kids until midnight.

6. That rules. My Simpsons avatar actually looks quite a bit like me too. Sweet.

7. Mark IV says:

Since my attempts at imitating Homer’s appearance have been unsuccessful, I’ve had to be content with just imitating his personality. My wife and children tell me I’ve got it just about right.

8. John Williams says:

Has a Mormon every been animated into a real Simpson’s episode? Maybe Ken Jennings? Or Steve Young?

9. John Williams says:

Also, right now 7-Elevens are selling Simpsons donuts, Slushees, and Buzz Cola.

The Buzz Cola has been sold out the two times I stopped by a 7-Eleven with the intent to buy some Simpson’s food, but I was able to get some of the donuts.

10. Wow! that’s freaky. Mine looked remarkably similar to me, except I’m not nearly that fat! Oh, sorry! Underweight challenged! :)

11. Jacob, the politically correct term is lipo-enhanced.

12. My kids just created one for my wife. She loved it.

13. How fun! Here’s one I created of myself:

I tried uploading a photo to simpsonizeme.com but nothing I had would work.

14. I tried doing this a few days ago with a picture of my wife. I was thinking about posting the picture but then when it processed, it looked nothing like her. Maybe it’s because she’s Asian.

15. Nick Literski says:

Here’s mine, but I have a buzzcut and a very close-trimmed beard, so it’s not quite right.

BTW, I think John Williams is only interested in Simpsons donuts, squishees and buzz cola because they are popular, even though they are hackneyed and derivative. It’s called a snowball effect. The hype builds on itself and people buy it just because it’s part of the Simpsons series. By the 3rd donut or buzz cola, millions of people had so much invested into the cartoons and the paper-thin characters that they had no choice but to continue buying donuts and buzz cola, just to see what happened, completely blinded by the fact that what they were buying was cliched. ;-)

Susan M., you’re a hottie!

17. Brilliant, Nick.

18. Susan, I couldn’t kill such a hottie even if you were a witch. However, what would Homer do?

If anyone cares, the band that had themselves portrayed as South Park characters on a t-shirt was Everclear.

20. John Williams says:

Nick Literski,

By comparing the Simpsons to Harry Potter, you are betraying a lot about yourself. The Simpsons has at times been an intelligent satire of American life. Some of the past writers for the Simpsons have degrees from Ivy League schools.

21. Nick Literski says:

I said nothing about Harry Potter.
    Funny you should comment on satire, when you don’t recognize it elsewhere. ;-)

22. John,
    Although I love the Simpsons, having a degree from an Ivy League school, and knowing many others with similar degrees, let me tell you: at best, that doesn’t help the bona fides of Simpsons writers. At the very, absolute best.

(That said, Simpsons has been brilliant at times, although I’m sad to say I couldn’t get an avatar that looked enough like me. But I gave up pretty quick, ’cause, if at first you don’t succeed, give up.)

23. John Williams says:

Sam B, I’ll take the average Ivy League graduate over the average Mountain West Conference / WAC graduate anyday.

24. John,
    For what? (For example, I’d take any non-Ivy football, basketball, or volleyball player, but especially one from the MWC or WAC, over any similar Ivy grad any day. Of course, I’d take a fencer or crew member from the Ivy League first. As for a TV writer, I’d say it’s probably a wash, although I’d probably look to USC, UCLA, and NYU before either an Ivy or a MWC school.)

25. (Oh, and of course, UC Irvine, the U of U, and Iowa, although not necessarily in that order, have some of the best writing programs in the nation. For a jazz musician, Berkelee School of Music and Indiana University, although BYU’s not a slouch. For dance, my wife tells me that, outside of Julliard and other conservatories, the U of U ranks way up there. Although Harvard grads are some of the most friendly, socially-capable people I’ve ever met. And I’ve only been to Boston a couple time, so I’m not talking about me.)

26. Mark IV says:

Lisa: Oh, if I fail I won’t even be able to get into Harvard. (Bitterly): At THIS rate I won’t even get into Vassar.
    Homer: I’ve had just about enough of your Vassar-bashing, young lady!

27. Or:

Flanders: Looks like heaven’s easier to get into than Arizona State.

28. John Williams says:

Harvard produces the best TV writers. Ever heard of Conan O’Brian?

29. After this, I’m done threadjacking: John, sure I’ve heard of him. I lived in the same building as one of his writers. And I have know idea where my neighbor went to school, though I suspect it wasn’t Harvard.

(Which isn’t to doubt Mr. O’Brien’s writing, or his humor, ability. But note that he doesn’t work in a vacuum. FWIW, Jeffrey Steingarten, probably the best living food writer, is also a Harvard College and a HLS grad. And National Lampoon, for better and worse, was largely the Harvard Lampoon writ large.)

30. I have no idea, of course.

31. I get on the computer to check a few blogs and compose my own post for tomorrow. Instead, I spend the evening Simpsonizing my family. Thanks for the link