So last night I left my wife and three small children at home for three hours to go to the stake center to hear the message that I should spend more time with my family. (Irony level: 5.4 — surprisingly low because it happens about twice a year.)
I went with some questions about strengthening my family that, sadly, went unanswered:
- My wife recently reorganized the books in the living room by color. What should I say first: that it’s the stupidest idea I’ve ever heard, or that it actually looks really cool?
- Is it my imagination, or are my children sucking the youth and vigor out of me, like incredibly cute little leeches?
- Isn’t one of the aspects of presiding over my family to defend the honor of my family in competitive sports, online games and eating contests?
- My three year olds like to pray in character, usually as Mr. Lion or Mr. Wolf, but Praying Elmo makes an appearance from time to time. Does Heavenly Father find that as funny as I do?
- Was the phrase ‘wholesome recreational activities’ meant to be a euphemism for a married couple having sex, or is that just a hilarious accident?