Asia Bloggersnacker

How about we get together in Hong Kong next week?

I’m not making this up.

BCC will host the first ever Asia Bloggersnacker next week in Hong Kong (or, alternatively, Bangkok). Seriously. If you’re going to be over there next week, leave a comment and we’ll contact you via email and arrange for the where/when. Xiaolong bao are on me.

Comments

1. Can’t make Hong Kong next week. Sorry. But if somebody wanted to do one in Seattle again, I’d be much more likely to come.

2. Dude! Are you actually going to that explosive free-for-all you showed me?

3. Hey, also, we’re planning one in SLC in March. Maybe a ski’n’snacker, if anyone is interested in that.

4. Oh man, and we were just in Bangkok last summer. We’ll have to miss this one. Any chances of moving it further south, say Australia?

Come on Misty, I’m more than halfway there! You can make it.

6. Watcha doing in Hong Kong next week, Steve?

What is really needed is an L.A. area ‘snacker, clearly.

7. a random John says:

MCQ,

Any details on the SLC one?

8. 6. LA ‘snacker — when/where????

9. Mike, you better host one then!

Details on SLC: It’s being planned for March 1st. More details in the works, so stay tuned.

10. Q: How many bloggers does it take to have a snacker?

A:

11. cj douglass says:

Q: How many bloggers does it take to have a snacker?

A: 3 – Two to bring the cheese and San Pellegrino – one to screw in the light bulb?

12. Oh man! I was just living there (in SE Asia). Close enough to attend, almost. I’ll be in Bangkok and KL again from April 3-April 12. Wanna reschedule? :-)

13. MikeInWeHo says:

That’s entirely possible, actually. Would be fun. I went to the SLC ‘snacker at Sunstone last year and that was great. Would be curious to see how many people were interested in an L.A. one.

Steve has gone quiet for now; he must be en route or getting settled in. Of maybe he’s just lounging in some posh room at The Peninsula and realizes there are better things to do in Hong Kong than sit in here with us!

14. I’d be up for an L.A. get together.

I’m here, Mikey! Not leaving for a while. So far all of Asia is not banging down my door.

Meems, you’re killing me! Can I email you with some questions about SE Asia, though (drug and prostitution-related, naturally)?

16. Do you feel comfortable sharing with thousands of anonymous bloggers what brings you to Hong Kong, Steve?

I don’t want to hijack Steve’s thread with talk of an L.A. ‘snacker, although that’s clearly overdue. The one down in Laguna or somewhere a while ago was awfully far away for Angelinos. If there are any BCC permabloggers in L.A., please email me. With all your power, I’m sure you can!

17. Mikey, watch your inbox expectantly. There aren’t any permas down there, but we have sleeper agents everywhere.

18. MikeInWeHo says:

Wow, that was fast.
    Enjoy HK, Steve. It’s really cool.

19. Steve, email me anytime re SEAsia. I’m no expert, but I’ve been to Bangkok a few times and I just lived in KL for 2 years.

Also, I kid you not, when I say that last night you were in my dream (?!) and I was showing you around some foreign city somewhere. Everything was completely aboveboard though. No drugs and/or prostitution involved!!

I think it was because I fell asleep while listening to the zeitcast.

20. How about a ski ‘n’ snacker at Banff on Feb. 29?

21. Um, Mark, if you’re in Banff on the 29th, you’re going to have a hard time being in SLC on the 1st. Get with the program.