BCC Zeitcast 24

Season 1 Album Artwork[display_podcast]

This week: Brad, John (Hamer), and Kristine podcast the old fashioned way — together, in the same room, gathered around a laptop and a low tech mic. The result: unmitigated hilarity.

Young Smith’s first publication.
The best Mormon blog you aren’t reading.
We’re Mormon too! (Plus, a follow up)
SW reenactments rule!

Comments

1. Cynthia L. says:

Haven’t had a chance to listen yet, but that Saturday’s Warrior youtube is awesome. Were the production values really that low?? I haven’t seen it since I was 11, but I certainly didn’t remember it being that fabulously awful!

2. Thanks for the shout out.

I’m proud to have been featured by BCC, which as we all know really is just a blog by Steven Evans that “consists of anecdotes and short stories.”

I had a tough time hearing on my little laptop speakers; in particular I only caught a fraction of what Kristine said. So it took me to the end to figure out that that book review in the Sun-Times was by Julie’s son. Very impressive for a 9-year old!

I agree with John about the name Mormon. To me the remedy is to use modifiers, such as fundamentalist Mormons. This is the same remedy I propose for the Christian issue; we are nontraditional Christians or heterodox Christians or something like that. That way our belief in Christ is clearly stated, but there should be no confusing us with creedal Christians.

4. I was hard for me to hear too, it seemed kind of far away.

5. Left Field says:

Thanks for the information, Kevin. I never did catch who the author of the review was. Sadly, I could hear virtually nothing of what Kristine said.

6. It’s official, Brad. Your microphone sucks!

7. Randy B. says:

Yep, big time.

8. Cynthia L. says:

Terrible microphone notwithstanding, it was a very interesting Zeitcast.

Really nice summary of the various branches of Mormonism–I hadn’t heard of any besides RLDS and FLDS before coming to BCC, so that was very helpful. Who knew that minutiae of Mormon History would relate to Alice Cooper and Rodney Dangerfield?!

9. Julie M. Smith says:

Aw, thanks for the shout-out guys.

10. When may we expect closed captioning?

11. Kristine says:

Actually, sitting farthest from the mic is part of my strategy–I’m hoping you’ll think I said something brilliant, if only you could have heard…

12. Kristine, I hope you do another Zeitcast with a better microphone. It sounded like you were saying something brilliant, but I couldn’t quite make it out.

13. Where’s the new Zeitcast? It’s been nearly a month and I’m jonesing. You’re starting to worry me that this is going the way of other fine Mormon podcasts.

Rich, it’s just a summer break. The Zeitcast will return in a scant number of weeks. Never fear!

15. YEar right Steve, and you and Ronan are gonna come and Hometeach us again too! And that Mormon people competition is gonna keep going….
    Sure…

16. Whew!! Thanks for the speedy reassurance.

Matt, once Ronan gets off his duff we’ll return to HT you all. HT you right to HELL.