What’s happening on Saturday, Nov. 1? The best Mormon symposium in all of the Northwest. Topics include:
- “The Group”: LDS Hippie Culture and Drug Recovery. Spencer Ellsworth is a grad student at Western Washington University, so he knows of what he speaks.
- What’s True in Mormon Folklore. Bert Wilson is a leading expert in Mormon folklore.
- Balancing the Motherlode: LDS Women on Parenting, Work, Life Choices, and Everything Else. Kristin Pingree leads a powerhouse panel which may or may not include a Thurston-Evans.
- Dialogue with Author: Massacre at Mountain Meadows. A personal sit-down with Ronald Walker? YES PLEASE.
- The Need For Realistic Mormon Fiction. Douglas Thayer is a seer, a real visionary when it comes to Mormon literature – his topic is potentially volatile and sure to be interesting.
- “This I Believe,” Mormon Style. Be a fly on the wall for a conversation on faith with Molly Bennion, Stephen Carter, Kris Haglund, Levi Peterson, Spencer Ellsworth and Rebekah Neuner. Holy moley.
So yes, the Saturday after next looks very promising indeed. Further details, here.