This candle will brighten your holiday and it tastes wonderful!
1 cup alfalfa sprouts, divided
4 pineapple rings
4 ripe bananas
1 cup strawberry yougurt
4 fresh strawberries
1. Spread 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts on four individual serving plates. Place a pineapple ring on top of the sprouts.
2. Peel and slice a 3-inch (8 mm) piece of banana. Stand the banana upright in the pineapple ring. Cut a notch across the top of the banana.
3. Pour yogurt over the banana and let it drizzle down the sides to resemble melted wax.
4. Slice strawberries about 1/4-inch (.6 cm) thick. Stand the strawberry slice on the tip of the banana, to look like the flame on the candle.
5. Cut four 1/2-inch (1 cm) slices from the remaining banana, stand them on the edge of the pineapple ring for a handle. Serve immediately.
This recipe is from the December 2008 Friend magazine, which arrived in my mailbox yesterday.