The Illuminated Matsby, Vol. 2

By Common Consent is pleased to present this week’s graven image, by the beloved craftsman, that master artist, that Painter of -itesTM, Matthew Page (or Brother Matsby). As always, please respect the reverence for which BCC is known and keep an appropriate tone, even that of quiet dignity, in your comments.

LOTCTRR, by Brother Matsby

________________________

The Illuminated Matsby, Vol. 2

Comments

1. Awesome.

2. Matsby = genius. Pure and simple.

3. Keep it secret; keep it safe.

4. Not secret, sacred.

5. Wait. There are markings. It’s some form of Egyptian. I can’t read it.

6. Kathryn Lynard Soper says:

There are few who can.

7. Preciousssssssss!!!!

8. Frodo, don’t wear the ring.

9. A little more caution from the commenters. That is no trinket you see.

10. The ONE Ring!

11. Thomas Parkin says:

One ring to rule them all, without compulsory means. ~

12. Moniker Challenged says:

Will Frodo’s finger turn green if he keeps it up? Very nice.

13. very cool :)

14. Bilbo Baggins says:

We wants it. We needs it. Must have it. They stole it from us. Sneaky little hobbitses. Wicked, tricksy, false!

15. Respecting the reverence for which BCC is known and keeping an appropriate tone of quiet dignity (ha!), I shall only say that there is only one Lord of the CTR Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And that Lord of the Ring is Brother Matsby, and he does not share power.

16. Kathryn Lynard Soper says:

the eagles are coming!

17. It wouldn’t have said “CTR” in Elvish.

18. You are fluent in the Black Language, RJH?

19. Duke of Earl Grey says:

Has no dedicated ring crafter yet made a Tengwar CTR ring?

“choose” i’ forya, quoth the online English-Elvish dictionary.

21. Duke of Earl Grey – love the name!

22. “C”IF

23. Lovely.

24. I’m looking for Captain Moroni with the Shards of Narsil, or Hiram Page with the Palantir for a perfect trilogy.

25. I look forward to seeing the epic journey of Elder Frodo through Middle-Wasatch under the watchful care of Gordon the Grey. Will he be able to make it from his homeland of Cedar Shire, past all of the ORCs, up to the Cracks of Doom in Murr-dor? Only if he can avoid GoMLMum, as well as the eye of Rocky Andsauron; and perhaps with a little help from fellow Mormbits Marion Brandybuck and Samwise Kimball.

I just hope Richard Dutcher doesn’t direct this adaptation.

Elder Gamgee: Do you remember the MTC, Elder Baggins? It’ll be spring soon. And the co-eds will be in blossom. And the senior missionaries will be nesting at their posh elderly MTC. And they’ll be reseeding the lawn in the lower fields by the temple… and eating the first of the Cap’n Crunch with Crunchberries. Do you remember the taste of crunchberries?

Elder Baggins: No, Elder. I can’t recall the taste of food… nor the sound of water… nor the touch of grass. I’m… naked in the dark, with nothing, no veil… between me… and the wheel of fire! I can see him… with my waking eyes!

Elder Gamgee: Er, I think that’s against the handbook.

27. Kathryn Lynard Soper says:

What about garments of mithril?

28. I never understood the belief that the wearing of this ring bestowed some level of increased spirituality…

29. Moniker Challenged says:

I think maybe you have to stand in a circle with 2 people wearing CTR rings, 2 people wearing RWH wristbands, and one person wearing a Modest is Hottest t-shirt. Then the Holy Ghost appears to wage war on people who don’t recycle or something. (see Captain Planet)

30. Eric Russell says:

This would be a good illustration for a lesson on the LOTR plan of salvation.

31. Eric, I had forgotten about your theory of Legolas as Heavenly Mother…

32. Thanks for linking that comment again, Eric. Pure genius!