BCC SoCal Bloggersnacker!

Don’t you think it’s time we met?

As discussed in a recent episode of the BCC Zeitcast, the time has come for BCC to host a Bloggersnacker in SoCal! Accordingly, Scott B., Cynthia L., and MikeInWeHo request the pleasure of your company for an evening at the El Coyote Mexican Cafe in West Hollywood.

Naturally, your heart is now literally pounding with exuberant anticipation and your mind is flooded with questions.

WHAT?!?
Activities will include food, conversation, a special recording of the BCC Zeitcast, and all the awkwardness that comes with forcing two very different subcultures to hang out with each other for an evening.

WHEN?!?
Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 6:00 5:00 PM

WHERE?!?
The El Coyote Restaurant, located in West Hollywood (Directions here).

WHO?!?

Bloggernaclers of all kinds:

• Bloggers
  • Commenters
  • Lurkers–Please, come and meet us. It won’t be weird or awkward at all. At least not any weirder or more awkward than you would expect meeting complete strangers in WeHo would be.
  • Significant others
  • Children (MikeInWeHo says the cafe even has a kid’s menu and high chairs.)
  • Anyone who has an interest in hanging out or getting to know a bunch of cool Mormons.

WHAT DO I DO NEXT?!?
RSVP in the comments below! Also, send an email to me at bcczeitcast (at) gmail (dot) com, and I’ll send more information and details as the event approaches.

If you have other ideas, suggestions, requests, complaints, or anything else to say about this historic event, now is your chance.

Comments

1. Mark Brown says:

Boo! Hiss! Wrong date!

2. Wha?

3. Mark Brown says:

Prior commitments, amigo. Have a n/a margarita on me.

4. Cynthia L. says:

I accept my own invitation.

5. MikeInWeHo says:

Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner!

6. Since I’m in, it would appear that we’re 3 for 3 on getting the organizers to RSVP.

I’d have bet against it.

7. If I were in Southern California rather than South Texas, I’d be there in a heartbeat.

8. BTW — I’m going to be in SoCal that evening over in La Canada speaking at the Miller-Eccles study group at 7:30: http://www.millereccles.org/

9. Oh…I am jealous. Sigh.

CWC and I have discussed doing a Wyoming bloggersnacker in the Fall. I bet everyone else will be jealous then.

10. MikeInWeHo says:

Oh no way…you’re going to barely miss the ‘snacker, John. Blow off Miller-Eccles and hang with us instead! (Kidding! Sort of.)

11. From what I hear Michael Steele and the RNC might know a few places in West Hollywood that would be good snacker locations.

12. John,
    Are you going to speaking both nights of Miller-Eccles? It’s usually on Friday night in the OC and Saturday in LA, so if you’re doing both, then I’ll see you on Friday!

13. Mike, awesome video reference.

Maybe since it’s a religious group meeting at a Mexican restaurant, it will be more like this:

14. manaen says:

El Coyote? Nicely ironic. Dear Wife and I haven’t been there since Sister Marjorie Christopherson — Dear Wife and Marjorie were in the same LA ward before our marriage — was was run off for supposing she had citizen’s rights. We’ll probably stop by. (We’ll catch John at Miller-Eccles Friday night).

15. This 5-year lurker and seldom commenter would so be there. If only I wasn’t leaving LA for my annual Yosemite trip that very morning.

16. Nurture Center, please don’t use your moniker as a means of advertising on our site. Future comments with that moniker and URL will be deleted.

17. Bunk! Never when I’m in town. I’d be there so fast!

18. Steve, Aaron, Stapley, kevinf, etc.: road trip? It’s only 18 hours. Each way.

19. MikeInWeHo says:

re: 11
    That’s a good point, Chris. Since such a large majority of U.S. Mormons are Republican, maybe it would be preferable to hold the ‘snacker in the same venue the RNC uses:

I see they even have a Private Events section right on the web site. If it’s good enough for Michael Steele, it’s good enough for us!

20. Oh, yeah. All you Seattlites need to do a road trip! It would be a great bonding experience and you could do live Twitter updates and a podcast to commemorate the event.

21. Hmm… I’d love to come!

Wonder what my husband will say when I’m all “honey, I need to drive to LA to meet my Internet friends”

22. MikeInWeHo says:

Tell him they’re all going to be married or gay so he has nothing to worry about.

23. Cynthia L. says:

BPN–carpool?

24. Cynthia L. says:

Mike–or both!

25. BPN,
    It’s vital that you come, so that this is more than a party attended by the 3 organizers only.

26. B. Russ says:

I told you, Roscoe’s – I make the drive, anything short of Roscoe’s – I’m out.

Also I’m just getting back from Costa Rica that Thursday, so its not a good time to try and fit in a road trip.

Thanks for the invite.

27. Cynthia L. says:

Yes, people, the 3 Amigos video was just for amusement. It wasn’t intended to decree that this event has a limit of 3 attendees.

28. Cynthia will email!

Of course committing to go and carpool automatically forces me to triumph over any social anxieties I may have about being a lurker… must think that through.

29. Hmm… maybe… just maybe…

Cynthia L. and BPN, could I join your carpool? Cynthia L., I think we’re in the same stake — I’m just up the coast a bit.

‘Course, that would trump BPN — “Dear, I was thinking I’d go to LA with some women I met on the internet…”

30. I understand that we may have a Mark Brown appearance, as well, in case that will lure any of you lurkers out!

31. Aaron Brown says:

I will attend in spirit.

32. Chad Too says:

I’m going to miss a snacker again. I’m flying into SoCal three days after this one. I’ll even have my black tie and tux with me 72 hours after the event. Bummer.

33. Wow, as a long-time lurker this is tempting. San Diego isn’t that far away and I’ve always been curious about those of you I’ve only known through your writing in the bloggernacle.

34. Kim,
    Cynthia, Martin, and perhaps a few others will be carpooling (I think) from the San Diego area. Please come! Email me (address in the post) and we’ll make it happen.

35. Cynthia L. says:

Kim, email me at gmail: sisterblah2.

36. Mmm…very tempting…
    I’ve been wanting to try out El Coyote..how does it compare to El Cholo? Although I am a very infrequent commenter-I’ll think about it!

37. Merkat,
    Please do stop by–I can’t say much for comparison to other locales, since I’ve never been to El Coyote. It is shaping up to be a good event, so please let me know if you can make it.

38. Hey everyone–Please note that the time has changed from 6pm to 5pm to accommodate people wanting to attend the Miller-Eccles event Saturday night in LA County.