The Illuminated Matsby, Special World Cup Edition

Another Image of Faith and Devotion

Let God and Heaven be your GOOOAAAAL!

_____________________

Add to FacebookAdd to DiggAdd to Del.icio.usAdd to StumbleuponAdd to RedditAdd to BlinklistAdd to TwitterAdd to TechnoratiAdd to Yahoo BuzzAdd to Newsvine

Comments

1. Ha! Ok that made me laugh.

Moroni’s vuvuzela.

2. Chelsea says:

That just made my day.

3. Eric S. says:

He needs a jersey and some fan garb. Can a person more experienced in Photoshop [than I am] please dress him up in the flags of the world. Make the vuvuzela blue though. Wonder if he played the beautiful game in his day when there still were people around for him to play with. The BOM does not speak to sports, but we know societies had them back before Christ was born. I’m pretty sure footy, or a game like it, was first. After all, where did the ball game come from that the Mayans played at Chichen Itza in the Yucatan circa 600 bc?

Forever etched into my memory now is an association of him on the spire with the urgent buzz from those pieces of molded plastic.

4. Sara Bay says:

Hooray for the return of Matbsy!

5. Chris H. says:

Awesome.

6. You Sir, are a genius.

7. Oh man, the caption is merciless. Awesome!

8. Stephanie says:

Very, very clever. This is my favorite so far.

9. Brilliant!

10. As brilliant as the sound is obnoxious…..

11. Awesome. Pure awesome.

12. I didn’t think these could get better, but the caption on this one . . . Just, “WOW!!”

13. Aaron B says:

Oh my gosh, this is so sacriligeous, you should be ashamed of yourselves. All of you.

14. Prudence is posting under Aaron’s name now? I always knew he was fake!

15. S.P. Bailey says:

And he shall sound his vuvuzela both long and loud, and all nations shall hear it.

16. Goal, indeed.

17. Cynthia L. says:

The ball that will go forth
    His glory to display
    And people shall be heard in distant lands to say
    We’ll now go up…and burn every last one of those infernal humming horns.

18. Fantastic!

19. The caption when you mouse over the image is great too.

20. I am not worthy…

21. I don’t think that when I’ve sung the words, “An angel from on high, the long, long silence broke . . .” that I had this image in mind. But I love it.

The best one yet. Thanks.

22. I’m thinking “Moroni’s Vuvuzela” should be canonized into the Mormon Kama Sutra

You’re the best Matsby.

23. Matt , I just read my post above again with the all the others. I mean to say “a person more experienced in Photoshop [than I am]“. You’re obviously very talented with this stuff, and this is great, thank you.

24. This is hysterical!

25. I don’t think that’s funny. Moroni was a prophet, and it’s downright offensive to imply that he’d have been caught dead at a soccer game.

I mean, really: soccer!?!? The dude’s a man of God for crying out loud.

26. Love it. Showed it around the office today and it got a big laugh. I prefaced it by saying, “have you seen the latest photos from the world cup?”

Awesome.

27. MCQ, not only do you goad your non-Mormon friends into poking fun at your religion, but you brag about it online?

28. I mean, really: soccer!?!? The dude’s a man of God for crying out loud.

And yet referring to him as a “dude” in 2010 is somehow less offensive?
    Was he a “excellent” man of God? Did he not do “bogus” things? Totally non-heinous.

29. PS, you need to watermark your photos or something. This one is making the rounds of the (Mormon) internet but stripped of its clever title and caption. And source. Just FYI.

30. Scott B. says:

Other Bridget–
    Do you have some links to where it’s being posted?

31. Yeah. That’s annoying, Other Bridget. I have seen it out there to today too. Just a little credit given wouldn’t be so hard.

It’s more than annoying, it’s downright shameful. OB, let us know where it’s at and we shall strike them down with the power of this fully operational battle blog.

33. Here‘s one link.

34. Yes, Kurt Bestor, that enemy of artistic integrity and IP rights.

35. Haha. OB is a fan of Kurt Bestor on Facebook!

36. If I were a true fan I wouldn’t have turned him in to you guys, though, right?

I was sent that link from a friend, I swear!

37. Cynthia L. says:

Somebody put up a comment on the photo at Facebook saying where it came from and asking them to add a caption with the credit. Of course, that would entail (at least briefly) becoming a fan of Kurt Bestor, so, 3…2…1…NOT IT!!!

38. Not just a fan – but a friend!

I nominate DKL.

39. How did all those people get so close to the top of the Temple? Looks like all of us really are descendant’s of the same God. Hopefully Moroni’s vuvuzela is tuned better than all of us beginner’s :?

40. We read this in Sunday school:
    “Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. ” (Ps. 150:3)
    I think it means vuvuzelas instead of trumpets. The trumpets they were playing when Jerichos walls fell down were probably vuvuzelas too.