The Illuminated Matsby, Vol 22

Another image of Mitt and Devotion…

“It might be nice to see the candidates add in a little religion to their presentation, just for effect. Perhaps Romney could take a Tebow-style kneel whenever he gets applause in a GOP debate.”Steve Evans via Washington Post

Comments

1. Awesome. Awesome.

2. Aaron the Ogre says:

Something to show he has a little heart.

3. Should have been Jacob 2:17.

4. Dave Andsn. says:

Better: 2 Ne. 25:26

5. Yes.

6. I’m not seeing anything unusual. Is Romney dressed differently or something?

7. 3rd Nephi 3:7 is especially good if taken out of context.

8. Back Row Elder says:

Standard. Operating. Procedure.

9. Who says Republicans are not a “big tent” party?

10. Given his upbringing, that must have been one big-*** tent!

How about 2 Nephi 29:3?

11. OK, I second 3 Nephi 3:7. Wow.

Matsby is the king.

13. I Samuel 16:7 as an alternate.

14. What if you get a picture of the Mittster standing next to Newt, and for the blackout scripture use 1 Nephi 4:12 (And it came to pass that the Spirit said unto me again: Slay him, for the Lord hath delivered him into thy hands). Oh, and use the French BOM abbreviation.

15. #15 BCOTW.

16. It was just a little 4600 square foot tent on the beach in La Jolla.

#17 BCOTW

18. Steve’s a little full of himself today.

19. #19 BCOTW. says:

Me!

Ken, Brad started it!

21. I agreed with Brad’s. “15” is just funnier than “17” somehow.

Outstanding!

23. It was unintentionally funny. It was meant to be in reference to #14. But I changed my mind. #15 it is.

24. Chris Gordon says:

To borrow from Seth Meyers a bit:

Romney primary command line:
    Initiate friendly religious sequence Gamma:
    Reference popular sports figure:
    Execute command:
    ___End of line.

25. 7 and 11,
    I home taught a guy who served his mission in Japan. They were teaching a first discussion when he felt inspired to share 1 Nephi 3:7 Only as a new missionary he made a mistake and shared 3 Nephi 3:7 instead.
    That guy didn’t ever join the church.

26. I LOL’d.

27. Also I have heard a legend/myth/fable about a missionary who marked 1 Nephi 3:7 for a struggling investigator to read but when returning to follow-up, found the investigator’s copy of the Book of Mormon in a bag on the doorstep with a note that read, “No thank you, we are not interested.” The missionaries then realize that they accidentally marked 3 Nephi 3:7 instead of 1 Nephi 3:7.