Upcoming Conferences

It’s May! It’s May! But that need not turn us all into Lerner and Lowe-whistling ninnies. Intellectual delights abound:

May 18-19: “Economies and Humanities,” sponsored by Mormon Scholars in the Humanities at Southern Virginia University, featuring too many bloggernacle luminaries to name and the omnipresent Jim Faulconer (I’ve heard that some scholars speculate he might be the Holy Ghost)

May 23: An SMPT-sponsored conference on B.H. Roberts’s Seventy’s Course in Theology with Kent Robson, Grant Underwood, Jim Faulconer, and Blake Ostler

and, because no amount of Jim F. could ever be too much,

May 27-28: Wide-ranging discussions of religion and politics, sponsored by the John Adams Center, at Duck Beach, NC. Speakers include Nate Oman, Ben Huff, Terryl Givens, James Ceasar (UVA Professor of Politics, Senior Fellow at Hoover Institution), Jim Faulconer, Ralph Hancock and Brant Bishop

(I’m going to wait and let a commenter ask where the women are…)

Comments

1. Where are the women?

Other than that, these look fun.

2. Yes, especially considering the location, Laurie Maffly-Kipp would have been a solid addition to the Duck Beach conference. Still looks good, though.

It’s my understanding that one simply cannot have all Mormon men and no Mormon women at Duck Beach. (At least not of the single variety…)

4. larryco_ says:

Is no one going to comment on the clever Lusty Month/Camelot reference? It brought a smile to my face.

5. Women (and men) are represented the week before (May 18-19) at Mormon Scholars in the Humanities at Southern Virginia. http://www.mormonscholars.net/announcements/mshreturningtosouthernvirginiain2012 . I have heard that one of the sessions (Gender, Housework and Myth) is chaired by the author of the opening post.

6. John Mansfield says:

Are all these conferences necessary? Think of the travel expense.

7. Kristine says:

Touchée, David, and I’ll amend the post to include that one (duh!)

8. Kristine says:

For you, larryco: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg4YrOlAkds (warning: ankles and clavicles on display. However, all the dresses have sleeves.)

9. I’m more of a Now Is the Month of Maying kinda guy. Just sayin.

10. And where are the left-handed lgbt muslim cleric eskimos? Can’t we get some representation?

11. lucy, did you check those links I sent you in the last conversation?

12. J Stuart says:

Is the UVU Conference going to be available on Youtube later, like their Mormon Studies Conference?

13. ‘Cuz we all know that women are as rare as left-handed lgbt muslim cleric eskimos.

14. #11 Yes. Good work.
    #13 Good point. They should include right-handers as well. :)

15. Hey you guys, you really need to keep me posted on these things so I can promote them at MormonConferences.org.