Grace arrives, and departs

Our prayers and our tears are with Artemis from FMH tonight. Words fail.

Comments

1. Joseph Smith:

Will mothers have their children in eternity? Yes! Yes! Mothers, you shall have your children; for they shall have eternal life, for their debt is paid.

2. I literally gasped out loud upon reading her post. My heart goes out to you Artemis. May the Lord bless and comfort you in your grieving.

3. Oh, Artemis, I am so sorry. We have been praying for you–and we will continue. May you be comforted and uplifted in your sorrow.

4. My tears immediately began flowing upon reading her post. Know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

5. StillConfused says:

Very tough one. Words don’t work in a case like this.

6. Aaron Brown says:

This is so terribly sad. I can’t even imagine it.

AB

7. Our condolences are with you at this time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and yor family.

8. God bless, Artemis and family.

9. We all were hoping and praying for a different outcome. May God be with and comfort you, Artemis.

10. Artemis, you and your family will continue to be in our prayers. I’m so sorry; I can hardly imagine what this must be like.

11. Artemis,
    I am so, so sorry. Our close friends just lost their baby after a month of life and yesterday was the funeral. These past few days I have been deeply struggling and cannot comprehend the sadness that you feel. I am heartbroken by your loss. God be with you.

12. Bless your heart Artemis. I’m so sorry, I don’t know what else to say.

Our condolences to you and your family, Artemis. We all had been praying for you and will continue to do so. We communally share in your present grief, and express our hope for the future and our faith that you will be together again. Such is the peace the Gospel brings.

If I may quote the words of the Apostle Paul in Col. 1:2 with a slight twist of meaning:

charis humin kai eirEnE apo theou patros hEmOn kai kuriou iEsou christou

May Grace be to you
    and peace
    from God our Father
    and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

14. Artemis- I cant even imagine to understand what you and your family are going through. You and your little Angel and the rest of your family are in my prayers.
    -Sid

15. Mark IV says:

Artemis, you have always impressed me as a person of great strength. My prayer for you is that God will continue to bless you with strength and comfort in the coming days. I only wish there were some more tangible way I could help your family bear this burden.

16. We love you, Artemis.

17. You and Grace worked so hard together, and you’ll stay in our prayers.

18. I’m so sorry Artemis.

19. I’m so sorry to hear about this. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

20. My heart is breaking for you. I’m so very sorry.

21. Researcher says:

Our thought and prayers will be with you and your family.

22. Love and hugs coming your family’s way Artemis. I’m devestated for your loss.

23. May the Lord remove the sting of death from your heart. Sorry for your loss.

24. My heart breaks at the thought of anyone losing a newborn. May God’s peace be with Artemis and her family.

25. capt jack says:

Artemis: I’m very, very sorry for your loss. I’ll be sending positive thoughts your and your husband’s way.

Mike

26. I’m so sorry, Artemis.

27. I am so sorry for your loss, Artemis.

28. I was sorry to read that last night. Best wishes.

29. I pray that you’ll find some peace and hope at this terrible moment, Artemis. God bless.

30. Blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land. (Alma 26: 36)

I can scarcely imagine, but I think the world without one of my children would seem like a very strange land indeed. I pray God will grant you the blessing of knowing he is mindful of you.

31. Artemis, very sorry to hear about your loss. The poster said it right: “Words fail.”

32. Artemis, most of us have never met you, and none of us met Grace. Regardless, we love you — and we will never forget her. May God be with you.

33. I am so sorry. God Bless you, Grace who is a sweet angel, and the rest of your family.

34. Marjorie Conder says:

Artemis–A gasp and an “Oh, no!” as I saw this, followed by hugs and prayers sent your way.

35. Jamie H says:

Atremis, know that the prayers of many friends around the world are with you at this time of sadness. I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your little Grace.

36. I’m so sorry Artemis. You’ll be in our prayers.

37. Thinking of you and your family, Artemis.

38. Bro. Jones says:

My initial reaction was not printable here. I was hoping so much that time would flash forward several months and we’d be laughing with Artemis, and her griping about bed rest. And I was so heartbroken to hear news that I couldn’t and wouldn’t ever imagine.

You have our love and prayers. May God grant that we find space and strength to laugh together again soon.

39. Artemis, I am so very sorry to hear this. I am mourning with you, even if from far away.

40. No words, just a big hug, a shoulder ever-ready for both of you. With all the love I possess. Alex

41. Artemis, please accept my deepest sympathy. May God strengthen and comfort you all.

42. Randy B. says:

My heart aches. Godspeed, little Grace.

43. There is now a memoriam fund.

44. My condolences.

45. Thanks for the poem written with life, a beauty dearly bought.

Could the ending only be different…

46. Oh Artemis-I couldn’t even read the comments or type yesterday. My first son died shortly after birth in 1978 and my heart is broken for you. You are in my prayers, as is Apollo.

47. Lisa wrote a beautiful post: