- Read a “Food Rule”: #37 – “The whiter the bread, the sooner you’ll be dead.”
- Read the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego from Daniel 3, complete with plenty of faux-Aramaic from daddy.
- Discussed: the Ten Commandments, including the prohibition on idols; the religion of Babylon.
- Consulted NRSV to see what is meant by “Son of God” in v. 25. Decided it was an Aramaicism for “divine being” or “angel” not necessarily Jesus in this context.
- Bore testimony of God’s grace.
- Musical item: Beastie Boys –
FHE @ Casa RJH
September 27, 2010 by