Happy May Day, and welcome to ByCommonConsent’s 2nd annual Bike To Church Month!
Join us and churchgoers around the globe as we enjoy some of the many benefits of biking to church:
- Lower carbon footprint than cars
- Feeling energized upon arriving at church
- Enjoy and experience gratitude for God’s creation on the way church: trees, birds, flowers, squirrels, fresh air
- Form a closer connection with your neighborhood than is possible when speeding past in a car–notice individual homes and businesses, immerse yourself in sights and sounds, take smaller/quieter streets than your car route
- Personal health and wellness
- Set a good example for your family, children, friends, neighbors, or ward members
- Try something different for a change!
- If you’re lucky, meet others in your ward who are already riding to church
Like last year, we would love for you to take pictures of yourself celebrating #BikeToChurch month and share them with us! Tweet them at @bycommonconsent hashtag #BikeToChurch, post to Instagram (I’m sisterblah2), link to them in the comments below, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.