Alternative Expressions to Great and Abominable, Ranked

You ever just get a hankering to rank stuff? Yeah, Steve and I got that hankering last night. And we surrendered to it. Big Time.

As always, these rankings are authoritative.

1. Sweet and Sour
  2. Funky and Fresh
  3. Millennial and Star
  4. Portly and Inebriated
  5. Tango and Cash
  6. Trump and Pence
  7. Ugly and Butt
  8. Canadian
  9. Naughty and Nice
  10. Defend and Family
  11. Yo and Mama

Comments

1. Mike R.M. says:

I’m not exactly sure what to make of #4, but it is my favorite.

2. Not sure how Canadian would make any top 10 list.

3. Clark Goble says:

It’s the effect of the Tragically Hip farewell.

4. (Steve is Canadian.)

5. A Turtle Named Mack says:

Fries and Gravy

6. Aaron Brown says:

This will lead to the sort of mirth and merriment the scriptures warn us about.

7. “(Steve is Canadian.)”

Gotcha. The only options for the list that made sense to me were:

1. Terms used to describe what poutine smells like
    2. Common words to describe hockey players
    3. Descriptive items you never want to list on a resume
    4. Words that have an unintentional comedic effect

8. If you do your research into past rankings, you’ll find that I often find ways to insult America Jr.

9. “If you do your research into past rankings, you’ll find that I often find ways to insult America Jr.”

Bravo, sir. Bravo

(slow clap)

10. “Not sure how Canadian would make any top 10 list.”

Top 10 North American Nationalities, not including Central America :P

11. Top 10 silly accents

Top 10 tuxedoes

12. What about “politically” and “correct”? I hear that set at church all the time, used interchangeably with “great” and “abominable.”

And are three word alternatives allowed? If so, consider “gay” and “feminist” and “intellectual.” Also, “lions” and “tigers” and “bears.”

13. Rigel Hawthorne says:

Follow…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………astray.

14. Common & Consent.

15. White & delightsome

16. Fat & Happy

17. Gatsby and Snowman

18. My current wife and my ex-wife.

19. Steve Asvitt says:

Hi ScottB – I’m very interested in what happened following what you described in Letter to My New Bishop. Could you please contact me by email?