Do you watch Westworld? I don’t, but Steve does and he says it’s great and he’s never wrong (I guess?). It’s about a place where there are human-looking robots that are available for people to hunt or kill or do whatever to without consequence. SOUNDS FUN. Even though visits to this place aren’t technically forbidden by the TR questions, it seems pretty clear that it’s not a place for the devout Latter-day Saint. But would a Mormon even have fun there, anyway? Steve and I considered this question, and the answer heavily depends on what you’d call “fun.”
As always, these rankings are authoritative.
- Make the robots do my home teaching.
- Organize an intricate reproduction of various scenes from The Great Brain.
- Kill a robot so that you can hold a funeral so that you can eat funeral potatoes.
- Trek, except the fake baby that dies in the night is a hyper-realistic one whose passing that will haunt the youth for the rest of their lives.
- Leave pass-along cards at robotsexmurder brothels.
- Baptize every last one of them suckers.
- Two words: Road. Show.
- A nap. A good, long nap.
- Make the robots form a perimeter around The Family.
- Let’s face it, a lot of you weirdos are going to go full polygamist out there and it’s shameful and how was it?
*Watch the robots discover robot plates and start a robot church which gets all sorts of robotic persecution.
*Sit back and watch as the robots set up chairs for Stake Conference.
*A pinewood derby where you can kill every other participant if it looks like their robot dad helped them.
*Probably just read the scriptures.
*Vote for Hillary.