Volume 1, 2006
1. Kim Östman, “Early Mormonism in Finnish Newspapers, 1840-1849,” BCC Papers 1/1, July 2006.
2. Kevin L. Barney, “On the Etymology of Deseret,” BCC Papers 1/2, November 2006.
Volume 2, 2007
1. Samuel Brown, “Encounters with Orthodoxy: Alexander Men, Modern Martyr,” BCC Papers 2/1, February 2007.
2. Kevin L. Barney, “On Elkenah as Canaanite El,” BCC Papers 2/2, April 2007.
Volume 3, 2008
1. Ronan James Head, “A Brief Survey of Ancient Near Eastern Beekeeping,” BCC Papers 3/1, February 2008. http://www.bycommonconsent.com/2008/02/bcc-papers-3-1-head
Volume 4, 2009
Volume 5, 2010
1. Stephen Cranney, “Josephus and Joseph: A Brief Comparative Study of Mormon Scripture and the Antiquities of the Jews,” BCC Papers 5/1, January 2010.
2. Christopher C. Smith, “Is ‘Suspensive’ Historiography the Only Legitimate Kind?” BCC Papers 5/2, May 2010.
Volume 6, 2011
1. Grant Hardy, “The King James Bible and the Future of Missionary Work,” BCC Papers 6/1, February 2011.
2. Zebulun Q. Weeks, “The Last Days of Joseph and Hyrum Smith: A Chronology,” BCC Papers 6/2, March 2011.
About BCC Papers
BCC Papers e-publishes short scholarly papers on any and all Mormon Studies’ topics: scripture, theology, history, and Mormonalia of all stripes. All work will be submitted for peer review. To submit material, please email ronan at byu dot edu. Papers will be published as and when they complete the review process.
We welcome submissions from established scholars who would like to publish pieces quickly and receive public feedback on works-still-in-progress. We would also be happy to act as an outlet for quality papers that are not quite able to make print publication (for whatever reason).
BCC Papers also intends to bridge the gap between blog posts/internet miscellanea (short, unreviewed) and full academic papers (longer, reviewed). Through peer review, we can help turn rough but interesting blog posts into proper pieces of academic scholarship more akin to the articles published in the established journals. Perhaps after gaining confidence through BCC Papers, authors will begin to publish further in the print outlets.
Editor: Ronan James Head. Reviewers: John Crawford, Kristine Wright, Jonathan Stapley, Kristine Haglund, Benjamin Jordan, and Kevin Barney.